Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A Week of Kindness

A book that I am reading has a curious cover design featuring excerpt from Max Ernst's Une Semaine de Bonté. Decided to look up the title and I found out that it is a graphic novel made of collage. The book published around the time of Hitler's rise to power deals mainly with repressed middle class sexuality, anti-clerical and authoritarian themes.



If you pay close attention to this scene, the woman's bed is located behind bars. There's a man peering down at the figure of a woman while the room is being flooded.

Here's another scene from the book



To wrap up, here's lovely video from 90's by Madonna. This song came out when I was tormented myself with teenage rebellion. My room used to be plastered with posters of Madonna in various provocative poses. I must admit I succeeded shocking my mother with my pop music taste; everytime she walked into my room she used to shake her head. Mom no offense, I still love you.