Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Books to read for Mongoloveds


I am trying to work on my article and my never ending research stumbled upon Eric Voegelin's Published Essays. Written by German-Jewish elite professor of Law in Germany who fled his country to escape Nazis, aptly examines the origin of fascism in Europe along with detailed examinations of Mongol diplomatic correspondence during Chinggis Khaan's invasion with Pope, hitherto preserved unknown in the archives of Vatican. His studies of Mongol political structure reveals previously unknown to Western civilization, sophisticated system of state order and most importantly discovery of divinity in its legas structure and divine origin of statehood in building the Mongol empire. Very compelling and I must thank my professor from my grad years, Peter Paik, who pointed me towards this stimulating text.

2 comments:

Derek said...

I'm looking forward to reading this!

Minerva said...

I should lend you this book. I keep forgetting.