Monday, November 8, 2010

Арван Зүүдний Өр

I sat reading Ayurzana's "Арван Зүүдний Өр" which can be loosely translated as Bound by 10 Dreams. Every time I pick up and start reading this author's book I feel a slight aura of melancholy settling over me. This light feeling of sadness does not necessarily penetrate me to the core instead it hangs above me like a dust from the past I often try to shake off after the reading session. The melancholy might have to do much with the retrospective experience that the author have had during Communism and post-communist period. His words, his personal thoughts perhaps may have resonated with my childhood and adolescent years and created the catharsis. However,I was determined to finish his book this time and get over it but similar to my previous experience with his novel, I ended up twisting and turning in my bed. Just like the main character ends up owing his dreams in exchange for a rare manuscript I got lured into the depth of A.G.'s novel again.

No comments: